Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thomas Wood, Customer Comments



Thomas Wood is a third-generation California landscape painter, living in Marin County.

He sent us a letter recently after filling out our survey with some additional thoughts. We quote:

"The Shadebuddy umbrella is by far the most practical and useful umbrella I have ever used, and I have used many. Its only drawback is in soft earth or sand, but I think I will adapt some sort of deeper stake for these conditions. A great product! Tall enough for standing up, large enough to cover, and no-nonsense adjustments. Really does the job, and makes painting more enjoyable.

I must say your "guerrilla" approach to plein air painting is a breath of fresh air (pun intended), and your equipment a welcome alternative to conventional gear like cumbersome French easels. I enjoy your articles and tips, and your promotion of outdoor painting. You create the sense of a brother-(and sister-)hood of like-minded painters out there working, a community of artists. I always enjoy reading your catalog cover to cover.

I was intrigued by your survey question 'What keeps you from painting plein air more often?' I suppose there could be a whole essay answer to this one... The one symptom I am sure every painter feels from time to time is that some days everything seems paintable, and other days nothing seems paintable. I don't know how to explain that one."


Thanks, Tom, and may you have continued success as well.

No comments: