Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ray Roberts


Ray Roberts worked as an illustrator and art instructor for many years before focusing full-time on his painting. He still enjoys teaching, and offers workshops in California and Colorado.

He received a strong foundation in art at the Orme School, a ranch & boarding school in Arizona. He then attended the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California, where he studied under John Asaro. He has also studied under Dan McCaw, Len Chmiel, Ned Jacob, and Mark Daily, among others.

Even with all his education and experience, painting (especially plein-air) is an adventure for him. He might go backpacking for days, or set up his easel in the surf or on a cliff. "For me, painting is like driving to a new, exciting place. I have a vague sense of what it may be like but really no idea until I’m actually there. And when I get there, I’m always surprised at what I’ve “found”

No comments: