Sunday, March 15, 2009

Suzanne Siminger


Suzanne Siminger combines a realist sensibility with an appreciation of the abstract effects of contrast, texture and dramatic composition.

"I remember as a child going to my grandparent’s home every weekend in the San Fernando Valley and sitting in the back seat of my parent’s car glimpsing bits of vistas as they flashed past the car window. There was something very exciting and beautiful about the light and shadow on the side of a hill, or the yummy yellow color of yucca flowers, or tiny lights dancing off cars in the rain. I wanted to freeze those images in time so they would last forever and I could drink in their beauty for as long as I liked.
I wanted to paint it all so I could capture and enjoy those magical bits of scenery forever. As an adult, I don’t think anything has changed!"


Her work reflects her philosophy and her desire to soothe the jangled nerves of modern society by reminding us of the beauty of the Earth and our profound connection to nature.

No comments: