Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Closing the Lid, by Lady Guerrilla Painter


The Guerrilla Painter and I were traveling recently, and I mentioned to him that I was having trouble getting the lid of my ThumBox to close easily. It didn't look like anything was in the way, so I asked him about each of the items I had in the lid and on the palette.

"The palette extension kit combined with the covered palette tray?" He said they should work fine together.

"I have two of our watercolor blocks in the lid..." There should be no problem with that, he said.

"And, of course, the palette needs to be in all the way..."
We couldn't see anything wrong.

I played around with it for a minute, trying to see what was making it difficult. He noticed that I'd stowed my Composition Finder underneath the covered palette, and he said, with a twinkle in his eye, "I put all kinds of things in the lid and on the palette, but I wouldn't go so far as to include a Composition Finder. I mean, there *are* limits!"

Sometimes, two millimeters really makes a difference.

No comments: