Friday, February 27, 2009

Scott Gellatly

Scott Gellatly taught painting in the Art-Zones/Continuing Education program at Bellevue Community College before accepting his position as Techical Support Represenative for Gamblin Artist's Oil Colors in 2005.

“I really like the immediacy of working outdoors without any preconceived ideas. As I’m working in the landscape I edit what I see so I can paint the essence of the place. I always want to strike that balance between the specific and the general, or the aspects of the landscape that are associated with one place and those that more universal characteristics of nature. I want viewers of the paintings to sense they are looking at a sky in the Northwest or the Southwest and yet not know exactly where I was painting.” – Scott Gellatly

No comments: