Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Edward B. Gordon

A German artist named Edward B. Gordon contacted us after receiving our Guerrilla Box to let us know how much he loves it and made comment about it on his blog http://edwardbgordon.blogspot.com/2007/05/opening-up.html#links

Most artists will agree that you need to devote at least 30 minutes a day to creating some kind of art. This can be a small sketch, a finished painting, or a preparation for a future artwork. Edward turned this idea into a daily blog in November of 2006, which has now has turned into a wonderful showcase of the progression of his painting over the last two years
"When I started this A Painting A Day blog, inspired by Duane Keiser, in November 2006, I thought I give myself half a year to produce every day a small painting. 600 daily paintings later I am still at it. To paint and finish every day a small painting for this blog, has become part of my everyday life. I would not miss it for anything in the world, that daily exercise. This blog has become my diary – a painted diary. Some of those daily paintings will be sketches used later for larger works, some will just remain a reflection of a moment of the day." - Edward B. Gordon

No comments: