Monday, December 7, 2009

Ginger Bowen - Artist


In addition to plein air landscapes, Ginger Bowen paints architecture, portraits and colorful still-lifes. She likes to bring out the harmony of things that most people ignore.

"My goal is to put on the canvas the passion I feel about what I see out in the world, especially the diminishing landscape close to cities. These are areas that folks are familiar with and I want to catch them before they are gone. Hopefully people will feel a little of the love for the land that I feel when they see my paintings. I also love painting architecture, the way the light hits the building and the shadows fall. I want people to see in my paintings the beauty of the buildings they may walk by every day and might never even notice."

Her professional affiliations include Alla Prima International, the Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club, American Woman Artists and the International Guild of Realism.

No comments: